TOP  >  E-TOP  >  Consultation Examples  >   Your passport

Consultation Examples

Resident Status Daily Life Info Other
Renewal of Period of Stay Change of Status of Residence Your passport Residence card Temporary Return
Living Permanently in Japan Naturalization

List of Relevant Organizations / Back to the index

I lost my passport. What should I do to have it reissued?

First, you must notify your local police of the loss and have them issue a Report on Lost (Stolen) Property. Then, visit your country’s embassy or consulate general in Japan, along with the report. You are advised to contact the embassy or consulate general beforehand by telephone or other means, to inquire about any other necessary documents.

The current status of residence and period of stay can be transferred to the new passport. You can have them transferred to your new passport at the Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau.

Aichi International Association
Sannomaru Annex Building,
Aichi Prefectural Government 1 & 2 F, 2-6-1,
Sannomaru, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 460-0001
TEL:052-961-8744, E-mail:somu* (Please replace"*" with "@.")
| Contact | Sitemap