TOP > Daily Life Info > Consultation Examples > Resident Status
Multicultural Center >
Consultation Examples
Resident Status Daily Life Info  Other
Renewal of Period
of Stay
Change of Status
of Residence
Passport Alien Registration Temporary Return
Living Permanently
in Japan
List of Relevant Organizations / Back to the index

What should I do to change my status of residence?

  To change your status of residence, you should prepare the following documents.

  You can apply for a change at any time within your period of stay.
  1. Application form for a Change of Status of Residence
  2. Reference materials explaining the reason you are applying for a chang depending on the status of residence
  3. Passport and alien registration card, etc.
  4. Letter of guarantee (For those only with the status of residence of Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident and Long-term Resident)
  5. Police clearance certificate (if applicable)
  These documents should be filed at the Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau. For more information, contact the Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau or the Immigration Information Center.