| To change your status of residence, you should prepare the following
You can apply for a change at any time within your period of stay.
These documents should be filed at the Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau.
For more information, contact the Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau or
the Immigration Information Center.
- Application form for a Change of Status of Residence
- Reference materials explaining the reason you are applying for a chang
depending on the status of residence
- Passport and alien registration card, etc.
- Letter of guarantee (For those only with the status of residence of Spouse
or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident and
- Police clearance certificate (if applicable)