If you are a victim of domestic violence
If your husband or partner is violent toward you, please contact the police or the Spousal Violence Center (Aichi Prefectural Counseling Center for Women). If you are at risk of violence from your husband or partner if you do not flee immediately, apply to a shelter via the police or the welfare office (located in the city hall or town office of the city, town, or village where you live). When you leave your home, be sure to take the following with you: money, passport, alien registration card, health insurance card, pension book, bank books, personal seal (inkan), a change of clothes, and personal belongings. If you have children, take them with you if you possibly can.