Registration of personal seal
Persons who have completed alien registration and are aged over 15 may register their personal seal as an official seal at their local municipal office. A jitsuin is required for a variety of legal actions, including sales contracts. In general, it should be sized to fit within a square of at least 8 mm and less than 25 mm along each side, and must be engraved with the name given on the holder's alien registration card. Only one seal per person may be registered.