Marriage between foreign residents
You should start by checking whether or not your marriage will be valid according to the laws of your home countries. If you get married under Japanese law, submit the following documents to the local municipal office of either of the partners. (1) Marriage Registration Form (fill in the required information and have two witnesses sign the form and stamp it with their personal seals; foreigners are acceptable) (2) Certificates of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage and Certificates of Nationality for both partners according to the laws of their home countries (3) Passports (4) Certificates Detailing the Registered Matters of Alien Registration Once your Marriage Registration Form has been accepted, please register your marriage at both your countries' embassies in Japan. For more details, please contact your local municipal office and both your countries' embassies in Japan.