Marriage between a Japanese and a foreign national
You should start by checking whether or not your marriage will be valid according to the laws of your home countries. If you get married in Japan, you should complete the procedure under Japanese law. Submit the following documents to either your local municipal office or the municipal office where the Japanese partner's family register is held. (1) Marriage Registration Form (fill in the required information and have two witnesses sign the form and stamp it with their personal seals; foreigners are acceptable) (2) Family Registration of the Japanese partner (3) Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage and Certificate of Nationality of the non-Japanese partner (4) Passport (5) Certificate Detailing the Registered Matters of Alien Registration Once your Marriage Registration Form has been accepted, please register your marriage at your country's embassy in Japan. For more details, please contact your local municipal office and your country's embassy in Japan.