High-Cost Medical Care
People enrolled in health insurance or social insurance whose responsibility for payments made directly to hospitals or other medical institutions (medical care and prescription costs) exceed a certain amount can receive a refund for the excess portion should they apply in person. For details, those enrolled in the National Health Insurance system should contact their local municipal office, and those enrolled in a social insurance scheme should contact their employer or the Social Insurance Office with jurisdiction over their employer.