Lump-sum withdrawal payment on leaving a social insurance scheme
When foreign residents leave Japan, a system exists for repaying a portion of the pension contributions they have paid during their time in Japan. You should submit a request for repayment within two years of leaving the country. The conditions for payment are as follows. (1) May not possess Japanese nationality. (2) Must have been enrolled in the public pension system or an employee pension scheme for at least six months. (3) May not be living in Japan. (4) May not have the right to receive a pension (including disability assistance) For details of how to claim, please see the Social Insurance Agency Web site at