If you become pregnant (5)
If you become pregnant, you need to visit a clinic and receive a Pregnancy Notification Form (ninshin todokede sho) which you should take to the Health Center in the town or village where you live (known as hokenjo in large cities such as Nagoya, Toyota, Okazaki, and Toyohashi, and hoken senta elsewhere) in order to receive a Mother and Child Health Handbook (boshi kenko techo). The Mother and Child Health Handbook not only contains important information about pregnancy, childbirth, and childcare, but also includes coupons for vaccinations and health checkups, so please be sure to obtain one if you become pregnant so you can give birth to a healthy baby.