Employment Insurance
Irrespective of nationality or type of employment, if you have continuously worked at least 20 scheduled working hours a week for over one year you are eligible for Employment Insurance. Whether you are dismissed or resign, if you leave your employer and are recognized by the Public Employment Security Office as fulfilling the following conditions you can receive unemployment benefits.
People with a short-stay or intra-company transfer visa, however, cannot be covered by Employment Insurance. Conditions (1) Enrolled in the Employment Insurance system for at least six months during the period dating back one year from the date of loss of employment. (2) Confirmed as having lost insured status as a result of loss of employment. (3) Unable to find a job despite being willing to work.