Re-entry permit
If you leave Japan temporarily for some reason within the period of validity of your visa and wish to re-enter the country for the same purpose as before, if you apply at the Immigration Bureau before leaving Japan for permission to re-enter the country you are not required to obtain another visa. Please be aware that if you leave the country without obtaining a re-entry permit all visas, including permanent residency, will become invalid. Documents required for application are, (1) Application for Re-Entry Permit (2) Passport (3) Alien registration card For more details, please contact the Immigration Information Center (052-559-2151/2152).