Change of Status of Residence
Submit the following documents to the Nagoya Immigration Bureau. Be aware, however, that your application for change of status of residence will not necessarily be approved. In particular, requests for changing to another visa status from that of "temporary stay" will not be approved other than in exceptional circumstances. (1) Application for Change of Status of Residence (2) Documents explaining the reason for your application (3) Passport or Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence (4) Alien registration card (5) Permit to Engage in Activity Other Than That Permitted by Status of Residence Already Granted (if possessed) For more details, please contact the Immigration Information Center (052-559-2151/2152).