Vehicle inspection (shaken)
If you drive a car or motorbike, this must undergo a vehicle inspection by the Land Transport Office (riku-un kyoku) or the Automobile Inspection & Registration Office (jidosha kensa toroku jimusho). If the vehicle passes the inspection, a sticker stating that inspection has been completed will be affixed to the inside of the front windscreen. The inspection must first be carried out three years after the purchase of a new vehicle, and every two years after that.