Driver's license conversion
To drive a motor vehicle, you must have a driver's license. If you have a driver's license from your home country, you can apply to the police driver's license center (unten menkyo senta) in the prefecture where you live for this to be converted to a Japanese driver's license. You will require your driver's license from your home country as well as an official translation of this, your passport, photographs, and your alien registration card, and a fee is charged. You may have to take both written and practical tests. The written test may be taken in English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, and Farsi.
●Aichi Prefectural Driver's License Test Center: 052-801-3211 (Japanese only; located in Tempaku Ward, Nagoya)
●Higashi Mikawa Driver's License Center: 0533-85-7181 (Japanese only; in Toyokawa City)